Sunday, February 12, 2017

Pineapple Sunshine Smoothie Bowl


I don't know about you but I'm totally getting sucked into the whole smoothie bowl trend.
I mean.... I'm already addicted to smoothies so the transition to smoothie bowl was not a huge step. 
At first I was skeptical. How would pouring your smoothie into a bowl change anything?
Well. The answer is - it changes everything. 
Don't even argue.
One of the things I sometimes felt I was missing out on with smoothies was the whole "eating food" experience. I mean, a smoothie is a drink and doesn't always feel like a meal, am I right?
With smoothie bowls you can top them however you like so you can experience the whole "eating a meal" thing while still getting all the benefits of a smoothie. 
Sign me up. 


Pineapple Sunshine Smoothie Bowl
(Adapted from I Say Nomato

Ingredients
2 rings pineapple
1/2 banana, frozen
1/2 cup 0 fat Greek yogurt, frozen
1 cup baby spinach
1/3 cup unsweetened almond milk

Toppings
1 ring pineapple
1/2 banana, sliced
2 Tbsp coconut, shredded & toasted
1 tsp chia seeds

Directions
In a blender, place the 2 pineapple rings, 1/2 frozen banana, frozen Greek yogurt, spinach, and almond milk.


Pulse until smooth. Keep in mind you want the smoothie to be quite thick so avoid adding extra liquid - simply keep stopping the blender and scraping the sides until smoothie is well blended. 
Pour into a bowl.


Top as desired with the 1 pineapple ring, 1/2 sliced banana, coconut, and chia seeds.


Serve immediately. 
Isn't it pretty? I mean, talk about sunshine in a bowl!
Note - you don't taste the spinach. Seriously. Add it in there. It makes the smoothie a beautiful color and adds tons of nutrients in there. You can sub any milk that you like - coconut, regular, soy, almond. Just keep in mind it will alter the nutritional count that I have figured out below. That works for the Greek yogurt too - I use plain but you could certainly use vanilla or coconut for a little extra flavor. 
Also - according to MyFitnessPal this smoothie is: 329 calories, 59 carbs, 6 fat, 16 protein, and 8 fiber, The whole recipe is one serving.  
If you want to see the original version of this recipe - pop over to I Say Nomato (HERE)
What a great way to start your day!

2 comments:

  1. This looks so good! I'm going to have to try your version for sure :) I love the addition of greek yogurt and those chia seeds, yum! Thanks for adapting and sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :) I completely fell in love with this recipe lol

      Delete