Wednesday, February 12, 2014

5 Minute Small Batch Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge


I'm torn as to what I should call this.
I mean...it's fudge BUT it's kinda more like candy with its texture. 
But....fudge is technically candy so.....
Let's go with fudge with the disclaimer that it is a little bit different from fudge. 
Well...that clears that up. 
Anyway, now you can make a small batch - about 8 pieces - of this delightful fudge-like candy (see what I did there?)


5 Minute Small Batch Chocolate Peanut Butter Fudge

Ingredients
Chocolate Fudge
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips
1/4 cup sugar
1 Tbsp butter
1/2 cup mini marshmallows

Peanut Butter Fudge
2 Tbsp peanut butter, smooth
2 Tbsp butter
pinch salt
splash of vanilla
1/2 cup powdered sugar

Directions
Spray a small dish with cooking spray, line with tinfoil or parchment paper, lightly spray the parchment paper with cooking spray.Set aside.
Prepare chocolate fudge - in a small cereal bowl place chocolate chips, sugar, and butter.
Prepare peanut butter fudge - in another cereal bowl place peanut butter, butter, salt, and vanilla. 


Now comes the tricky part - in your microwave, cook the chocolate fudge for approx 45 - 55 seconds, give it a stir, and then cook another 45 - 55 seconds. (This is tricky because, depending on your microwave you may need to use more or less time. It's a bit of trial and error. The site where I found the original chocolate fudge recipe cooked the fudge for 2 mins and 30 seconds - waaaaay too long for my microwave!) 
Remove from the microwave and briskly stir in the mini marshmallows until melted and combined.
Spread into prepared pan.


Now microwave the bowl with the peanut butter ingredients in it for 30 seconds, just long enough to melt the butter and start the peanut butter melting. 
Remove from microwave and quickly stir in the icing sugar.
Using your fingers, press the peanut butter fudge on top of the chocolate fudge.


Let sit until completely cool.
Use the parchment paper "handles" to remove the fudge. 


Cut into cubes and serve. 


I had to make the chocolate fudge twice as the first time I went with the time from the original recipe and it overcooked my ingredients so they went as hard as a rock. It helps to know how your microwave cooks! If you are unsure then go in 30 second increments, stirring in between, to check texture. 

Be sure to stop by these great blogs for tons of crafty and food related links! - Horrific Knits, The Mandatory Mooch, The Chicken Chick, Ms. enPlace, Jam Hands, and The Velvet Moon Baker.

8 comments:

  1. What size dish do you recommend?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I used a 6 X 3 inch dish to yield the results above. :)

      Delete
  2. Looks and sounds so delicious! I love anything with peanut butter.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a GREAT idea! I will have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is perfect for my dad who loves chocolate, peanut butter, and fudge. He may not like the small batch part, but I do! I have no willpower when it comes to chocolate.
    Thank you for sharing this treat!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love the idea of making a small batch of anything and I can't wait to try your chocolate, peanut butter fudge.

    Thank you for sharing with the Clever Chicks Blog Hop! I hope you’ll join us again next week!

    Cheers,
    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great ides of making a small batch version, I love the layered look! Thanks for linking up at Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up again this weekend!

    ReplyDelete