Sunday, September 22, 2013

Almond Joy Chocolate Chip Cookies


You ever have an idea and think "Boy, I am such a genius" and then go on the internet and see that 10 million people have already had the same brilliant idea as you. 
Yeah....
Bummer, right?
Oh well, I'm still sharing my recipe for these tasty chocolate, coconut, almond cookies even though apparently they are not my idea. 
I love the addition of coconut into an otherwise unassuming chocolate chip cookie. 


Almond Joy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Ingredients
1 cup butter, room temp
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
4 eggs
1/2 tsp coconut extract
1 tsp vanilla
4 1/2 cups flour
2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 cups chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups coconut, toasted
1 cup almonds, chopped & toasted

Directions
Preheat oven to 375. Line a cookie tray with parchment paper, set aside.
Beat together butter and sugars until creamy. Beat in the eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the coconut extract and vanilla. 
In a separate bowl, stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. 
Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until well mixed.
Stir in the chocolate chips, coconut, and almonds.


Scoop onto prepared cookie sheet using a cookie scoop or spoon, about 1 inch apart. 


Bake at 375 for 8 - 10 minutes, until bottoms are lightly browned and tops are just tinged with brown. 
Remove from heat and cool on cookie tray for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. 


I found these didn't spread very much at all so can be fairly close together on the cookie sheet. This recipe does make a large batch - I got 6 1/2 dozen using my medium cookie scoop (1 1/2 inches across).
To save time you don't have to toast your coconut or almonds but I love the flavor from toasting them.
 
Be sure to visit Table For Seven for some tasty and crafty links!

4 comments:

  1. Hello Jo and Sue. I just recently subscribed to your email list so I can get all your wonderful yummy recipes. I was wondering if there is an easier way to print them out without all the adds and other info included on the print out. I don't see a "Print" button. I love your recipes and want to keep everyone of them so I was just wondering. Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :)
      Unfortunately there is no way for us to add a print button at this time. :(
      We suggest "copy & paste" to a blank word document and then you can delete what you don't want and print out what you do. Hopefully one day soon a print option will be available to us!!

      Delete
  2. Ok thanks! Can't wait to make the Almond Joy Chocolate Chip cookies for my 84 yr old father. He loves Almond Joy candy bars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They look delicious, I could eat a dozen of those right now. Visiting from Share Your Stuff Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete