Thursday, December 27, 2012

Top 10 Healthy Dinners

When I am really trying to make sure I eat healthier - meaning more vegetables, more protein, less fat, less carbs - dinner is one of the meals I struggle with.
I also struggle with breakfast and lunch.
And snacks.
And treats.
But, I digress....
I am focusing on dinners for this blog.
I thought I would make a list of my 10 favorite healthified dinners from the past year and a bit. Sue and I have a LOT more healthy choices on the blog - simply click on the "Healthier Choices" page at the top of the blog. These 10 are the ones I have made the most often over the past year.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 264 calories, 13.3 fat, 17.1 carbs, 20 protein.
That is for 1/6th of the recipe. A huge serving size for those days when you just want to eat and eat and eat. It's win-win.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 430 calories, 17 fat, 50 carbs, 25 protein.
You can eat 1/5th of the recipe for that. Again, a large serving! You have to love that. There is so many healthy ingredients in this your mind will explode.
True story.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 117.7 calories, 2.7 fat, 14 carbs, 8.7 protein.
These taste like deep fried! They are so crunchy and delicious. I like mine with a side of veggies and a few baked fries. These freeze very well too.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 136 calories, 3.5 fat, 15 carbs, 11.7 protein.
There is so many healthy, good-for-you ingredients in this soup it is crazy healthy. Acorn squash, apple, black beans, zucchini, spinach, Greek yogurt!
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 384 calories, 12.7 fat, 6.7 carbs, 58.5 protein.
A delicious stuffed chicken breast that is super simple to prepare. Totally satisfying with some veggies and rice on the side.
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 329 calories, 5 fat, 37 carbs, 33 protein.
The photo does not do this dish justice. It is very tasty, very filling, and - with all that chicken and quinoa and spinach - is a great healthy choice for dinner. The nutritional info is for 1/4th of the entire recipe!
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 304 calories, 11 fat, 24.5 carbs, 27 protein.
This is one of Sue and I's most viewed recipes - with good reason...it is amazing! You will not miss the pasta from this lasagna. And you get a huge portion!
 
 
 
Nutritional count: 115 calories, 2.5 fat, 15 carbs, 9 protein.
I decided to put another soup on the Top 10 list even though I am usually a soup-for-lunch kind of girl. This soup is so filling and sooooo tasty that I love it for dinner (or lunch).
 
 
 
Nutritional count (fries): 227 calories, 6.8 fat, 39 carbs, 3 protein.
Nutritional count (burger): 150 calories, 9 fat, 13 carbs, 7 protein.
I have made several different quinoa patties and these - so far - are my favorite. Now you don't have to give up your burger-and-fries when the craving hits. (The patties freeze well too!)
 
 
 
Nutritional count: (not figured out)
Sorry, I was not able to find out the nutritional info for this recipe. The noodles are onle 70 calories per cup so, if I had to venture a guess, I would put the approx count at around 150 calories for a 2 cup serving size. (But don't quote me on that). This is a favorite of mine because it is so adaptable to whatever veggies you have in the fridge.
 
I am starting to figure out that eating healthy doesn't have to mean boring and routine.
Took me long enough... 
Sue and I are looking forward to trying out and sharing many more healthy choices for dinner throughout the new year.
 
Be sure to visit My Turn (for us) for some great links.

1 comment:

  1. This food looks delicious and refreshing after all the holiday goodies. New follower, come visit me at memoriesbythemile.com
    Happy New Years,
    Wanda Ann @ Memories by the Mile

    ReplyDelete