Monday, March 12, 2012

Saucy Chicken with Ramen Noodles and Snow Peas


I LOVE this dish. Not only because it is simple...and easy....and inexpensive....and delicious...but, because it is sooooo quick to prepare.
Like when you are starving and want dinner in 2 seconds...that fast.
I had thawed some ground chicken to use in another recipe I had wanted to try but then realized that the other recipe required some effort and thinking and...well...I just was not prepared to do that.
I quickly looked around the kitchen and discovered I had several packs of Mr. Noodles on the counter and a bag of snow peas in the fridge.
Ta-dah! New recipe!


Saucy Chicken with Ramen Noodles and Snow Peas

Ingredients
3 pkgs (85 gr) Mr Noodles (Or Ramen Noodles)
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1 small lime, juiced
3 Tbsp sweet chili sauce
1 Tbsp oil
1 lb ground chicken
3 cups snow peas cut in half
4 cloves garlic, chopped
3 - 4 green onions, chopped



Directions
Cook noodles as per package directions until not quite cooked completely through. They should still be a little stiff. Remove from heat, run under cold water, drain, set aside. 
Mix together hoisin sauce, oyster sauce, lime juice, and chili sauce. Set aside.
Heat oil in wok or large frying pan over medium high heat.
Cook chicken until no longer pink. Add peas, garlic, and onion. Stir fry until peas are cooked.
Stir in sauce, mix well.
Stir in noodles. Cook until noodles are heated through and completely cooked.

If I remember correctly this was 4 generous servings. It probably could have served 6 or 7 if it was served with another dish. As it was, this was our meal for the night so we ate big portions.

I really like dishes that go from beginning to end in under an hour without a lot of chopping and prep work. It's not that I'm "lazy" per se.....
Well....okay....I am lazy.
But....generally I don't mind putting out some effort for a great recipe.
There are just some days that the thought of having to peel vegetables and chop them seems like climbing Everest. Those are the days I appreciate meals like this one.
Or...a peanut butter sandwich..


Stop by Carole's Chatter for tons more stir fry link ups. 

No comments:

Post a Comment