Saturday, March 24, 2012

5 Minute Fudgy Brownie


Okay.
This whole microwave treat thing is just getting out of hand.
First, there was cake in a mug.
Then, there was cookie in a mug.
And now....
*sigh*
Brownie in a mug.
I am in some serious trouble here.
I blame Pinterest.
I mean, if I didn't spend so much time on Pinterest looking at all of those amazing recipes and incredibly creative ideas I would never stumble across all of these things that I keep making and eating because they are so delicious. 
This brownie in a mug recipe, for example, is crazy good. So fudgy and chewy and chocolatey that you will not even believe it came out of the microwave.
The original posting is from Instructables - Mug Brownie . I only changed it ever so slightly to suit my tastes.


5 Minute Fudgy Brownie

Ingredients
4 Tbsp flour
4 Tbsp sugar
2 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
2 Tbsp melted butter
2 Tbsp water
splash vanilla
tiny pinch salt

Directions
In a microwave safe bowl or mug, mix together flour, sugar, cocoa with a fork.
Stir in butter, water, vanilla, and salt.


Make sure you mix well and incorporate all the dry ingredients.
Microwave for about 1 minute. (It will depend on the power of your microwave but it could take between 50 seconds to 1 minute 15 seconds. Start checking at 50 seconds for doneness. My first one took 1 min 10 seconds. the second one took 1 min 5 seconds.)


 I may have mentioned this before but...I am kind of fond of chocolate.
Just a little...
Now that I can have a moist, fudgy brownie in like 2 seconds I am pretty sure I will be eating chocolate every day.
I am scared to see what else Pinterest will lead me to. What other "in a mug" inventions wait to be discovered. I already have a recipe for banana bread/cake in a mug in the line up...and a cinnamon bun-type thingy as well.
My diet and weight loss goals are in serious jeopardy here.
Not cool Pinterest.....not cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment